Monday, February 6, 2012

Just cuz...

We are "back" to school...for two weeks, hence the quotation marks. So back in December, we had two staff dinners, a closing ceremony, and announcements of who was transferring to other schools, BUT we still have to be back for the next to weeks to pretty much do nothing? Mmmm I still don't get you Korea. I do have to say though that the Korean teachers also have no freaking clue of why we have to be here for the next two weeks. They say that the students' mentality at the moment is "we are still on vacation" and they only want to watch movies. Oh well, we'll stick it out til February 20th when our Spring vacation starts.

Anyways, it's still winter and my gas bill has gone off the roof because I use my boiler (heated floor) everyday. I love it though, it's the best, and maybe only good thing, about winter here.

Dear Korea #048

6 comments:

  1. ohh my godd youu would findd a picturee about your heated floors thats all youu talk about ! jajaja

    ReplyDelete
  2. jejeje you know it! nomas ke no puedo estar en el suelo por tanto tiempo porke amanezco toda molida

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heat bill has gone through the roof too! Like almost double -_- it was like 80,000 won last month! Ahhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh!...get yourself a fan heater. A friend gave me hers and it keeps me pretty warm at night. I havent seen my bill yet, but im hoping it'll go down, i'll let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did the fan heater work? Haha
    My bill went significantly lower the following month, I think it was because my heater was broken!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh shoot, I forgot to update you. So I was turning on my heater from 5-10pm and then during the night I was using my fan heater. My bill went down by half, so I paid 40,000. Not bad...but now I want it to go even lower hahaha.

    ReplyDelete