Saturday, March 31, 2012

A whole lot of craziness

I know I haven't written in a while. It's been pretty hectic around here that I barely have enough time to sleep. My schedule went on steroids and I can barely keep up at the moment...

First major update: I started taking Korean classes! This is something I had planned since before coming here. I knew I wanted to learn the language and get the most out of it while living here. I enrolled at the local university, POSTECH, and I go twice a week, Tuesdays and Fridays from 5:10-6:35. I leave work early so that I can catch the bus because the ride takes 45 mins!...plus 10 min walk to the building.

I have to say though, that even though it's somewhat time consuming, going to class is my favorite part of the week! I had forgotten how much I enjoy learning a foreign language from scratch! ...though I have to say that this time around it is much harder since it is not a Romance language haha...now I know how all those other students felt in Italian and French class...clueless and confused!...But I do enjoy it ^^

at Starbucks studying ^^

I also picked up extra hours at a high school, Mondays and Wednesdays 7pm - 9pm....yup, now you get an idea of my crazy schedule. That is why I am seriously considering buying a car because getting to all these places on the bus takes forever. If I had a less busy schedule and weren't too tired to ride the bus, then I wouldn't mind, but it's really time consuming to have to walk to the bus stop, wait, and ride it.

It's an all boys high school. I thought that it was going to be fun to teach older kids, but man, those boys are out to make our lives horrible! ('cause it isn't just me who has been complaining). They have no respect whatsoever for female teachers so it's been a trip trying to teach them. Unfortunately, it doesn't help that these boys HAVE to attend the class, and by 7pm their brain is pretty much fried. I do feel bad for the boys, all high school students actually. They HAVE to stay at school 'til 10pm, and some of them even go to an academy from 10p to 12am. Being a high school student in Korea is definitely a whole different experience.

This week I was sick again -_-...not fun man! I missed work Monday and Tuesday because for the first time, a caught a terrible cold, I could barely get out of bed! Of course I went to see my doctor, a pediatrician by the way hehehe, and got some good cheap korean medicine...thank you very much universal Korean healthcare! ^^

waiting to see my doctor...a pediatrician lol

I think I got sick because of my crazy schedule catching up to me; my body telling me to slow down. The weather has been pretty nice lately so it couldn't have been that....or maybe the change of weather? I don't know...


Pics from when I went hiking two weeks ago...
yes that's me ^^


I joined the Pohang Bucket List group. Two awesome Korean girls organized this hiking trip...they are the cutest, you can see the little flag and the mini megaphone ^^

Bokyoungsa temple



The following pictures are from my trip to Daegu...yes again!

lols...now I truly look korean

my favorite Korean drink, magkeolli!

cocktail in a bag? heck yeah!

and you get a free sparkler hihihi


St. Paddy's isn't St. Paddy's without green Korean beer!

My my, it's already the end of March! Where does the time go?!?!...oh and on the 21st, I passed the 6 month mark! It doesn't feel like I've been here half a year to be honest....I've been having way too much fun in Korea haha.

I am planning many more things in the coming months. The weather is finally getting warmer so I'll be in the mood to get out more haha.

Well, here's to an eventful next six more months in Korea! Cheers!

Peace! 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome pics! and yep, you're becoming Korean!!

    What's the Pohang Bucket List group?

    Are you seriously considering buying a car over there?

    - Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pohang Bucket List is a group that puts together a list of things to do around Pohang and the rest of Korea (on facebook). The group was organized by two Pohang natives, so they know what's up lol. The first event was the hiking trip ^^.

    and yeah, i want a car!! my dad said he would help me out, so i can get something cheap for like $800. My friend Ana got a license and the process was pretty easy. Hay esk ya me harte de andar en el camion, es una friega!

    ReplyDelete