Monday, February 15, 2016

One little monkey ...

Happy Year of the Monkey! 

I'm back to this winter dump from paradise, and it's definitely no bueno. My ass is freezing. My apartment is so cold. My face hates it!

But! Thailand was amazing! The beaches were breathtaking. The food was delish. And it was awesome to be able to drink fresh fruit smoothies and juices every day!! And so cheap! It was everything I was expecting and much more. I highly highly recommend all of it. As usual I made a list hehe, but that'll be for the next post.

I wanted to blog as soon as I got back, but I've actually been busy in my office working on the new semester. This will be my 4th year working at DWU, and I felt it was time to revamp my lessons. Not that they sucked, but I just wanted to finally make all the changes (small and big) I've been thinking about since I started teaching there ...plus, it also keeps me on my toes, so that I don't get bored with the same material.

I'm excited to announce that I've enrolled in a more serious Korean course at the Yeoksam Global Village. I am starting from the lowest level, twice a week, and we will be using the same textbook I used back in Pohang. I'm ok with that since I know that reviewing is better than to feel overwhelmed with new material. The only sucky part about it is that I have to commute 40mins, and on Tuesdays pretty much have to hurry my ass off because I only have 50 mins to get there, yikes! Wish me luck!

So let's get down to business and get on with The List! ....and in keeping with my try-to-be-optimistic-about-winter tradition, here is another winter edition ㅋㅋㅋ.

132. Umbrellas for when it's snowing. I thought it was weird because I would've never thought of such a thing (again, the spoiled sunny weather SD girl in me got me). The first time I saw it I though it was raining and that my imagination was playing tricks on me. I was then told that one of the reasons why people use them is not just to not get wet, but that just like there is acid rain, there is acid snow, ew!

It was only snowing lightly that day.
133. This is more of a me thing: layers! I love them, why? Because sometimes I am in my apartment in my pjs, I suddenly get hungry, so I just put on "nice" sweats, a hat, and a jacket over my pjs, and I can run to the store without anybody noticing that underneath I look like shit ...nor that I'm not wearing a bra, muahaha!

134. Another me thing: no shaving legs. Why bother during the winter?

135. My all time favorite: kitty cuddles, it's pawtastic! Seriously, these two furry guys have made winter much more bearable. Hobak looooooves to cuddle all day long. Gomi will cuddle much less during the day, but at night he always comes to find me. And I know it's a winter thing because during the summer they both seem to forget I exist. Jerks.

 

















**UPDATE (2/16/16')** 136. I just thought of one more! And I rather include it on this post because winter will soon be over and will look super random in a future post. First, something you gotta know about me: when it comes to my senses of smell and hearing, I pick up weird/random things that will make me oddly happy. It's snowing today. As I walked to work, I felt such a joy from hearing that little crackling noise when I stepped on fresh snow. In a way it's comforting; something I badly need now.

By the way, I don't know if you've heard, but Conan is here in Korea, like, right now! Someone invited him to visit and he came! I've been following him on Instagram, but I would looooove to see him. Unfortunately I don't know how to know where he'll be next. Today he was at Noryangjin Fish Market; I sooo could've gone!! 

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment